The Stardust Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Stardust Cafe

A place for Stardust players to join together and share stories, thoughts, feelings on anything that's near & dear to our hearts.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chocoloate Covered Booze Cherries

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JustJyvin

JustJyvin

Chocoloate Covered Booze Cherries Empty
PostSubject: Chocoloate Covered Booze Cherries   Chocoloate Covered Booze Cherries Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am

Okay..finally posting the deal on how to make the good cherries!

You'll want to use a candy mold that is about a half inch deep, so that a cherry will fit in it with filling and chocolate. Good luck on finding these, I have been looking for some for a few years! I don't even remember how I came across the molds I have now, they're a bit too shallow and that's why I'm looking for deeper ones.

Soak cherries in your choice of booze for 12 to 24 hours, it depends how strong you want the cherries to be. You can soak them longer if you like. So far I've been told that the Peppermint Schnapps are the best. If your cherries have stems, take them off. After soaking the cherries, take them out of the "marinade" and place them on a plate with papertowel. If you don't do this the juice will be too much and they won't seal properly.

You can either use chocolate chips or a chocolate block, I use the block. If you use the block you have to chop the block into smaller pieces, it'll melt faster. Put the chocolate, a little at a time, in a double boiler. If you don't have one that's fine, just melt it in a small saucepan. Melt some chocolate in a pan or double boiler. Take a paint brush, I use a regular paint brush that you find in a child's watercolor kit, paint the sides of the mold shapes. The chocolate will drip down and into the bottom, you may also put some chocolate on the bottom of the molds. Make sure to get all the sides covered! I put the molds in the freezer to harden the chocolate, this allows you to put the filling and cherry in quicker.

For the filling you just add powdered sugar and milk, it doesn't take much milk so watch out! The filling should be on the thicker side, it's really up to you how you want the consistency.

When the mold has been layered with chocolate and it's ready to fill put a cherry in each shape an then drizzle filling onto each cherry. I take a spoonful and let it drip onto the cherry. DO NOT put too much filling in or you won't be able to get a good seal with the chocolate! When you're done with the filling then go back with the chocolate and cover each cherry. Make sure to cover them completely. Put in freezer for about 5 - 10 minutes. I make them in the winter and then just set the tray in the snow, it's a great way to freeze the chocolate! After the time is up turn over the mold tray and pop the candies out. If there are any leaking spots "paint" over the hole with melted chocolate....or eat it!

Keep the chocolates in the fridge or freezer so they don't melt!!!

you can also make the cherries without the booze, which i do for family members that don't care for the boozed goodies.

You can also use the molds to make your own peanut butter candies (Like Reese's peanut butter cups). Just find a good recipe for the peanut butter mix and use that for the filling. I've tried with regular peanut butter and it's too....mushy. I have a recipe for peanut butter bars that I'm going to try....once the peanut butter scare is over.

flower
Back to top Go down

Chocoloate Covered Booze Cherries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Stardust Cafe :: Recipes :: Desserts-
Jump to: