The Stardust Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Stardust Cafe

A place for Stardust players to join together and share stories, thoughts, feelings on anything that's near & dear to our hearts.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shows I enjoy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
trancelot

trancelot

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I don't really get much time to watch TV anymore, but shows I do enjoy are:

Survivor - A bit of a laugh watching a hopeless group of people bickering at each other for a few weeks.
(if they were a group of NZ'ers they'd have a 3 star hotel built in that time)

Lost - What the heck can you really say about this show?

Two and a half men - One of the better comedies I've seen for a while.

Red Dwarf - The only sci-fi/comedy I've ever seen that worked. A bit of a cult show, can watch endless reruns.

Kim Possible - Maybe it's just 'cos she has red hair.

Dave the Barbarian - A barbarian who wets himself whenever danger threatens and would rather cook, sew, shop and engage in other rather un-barbarian like activities.
Back to top Go down
Qnbee

Qnbee

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Speaking of Discovery and History Channels....

Ever catch "Ice Road Truckers"...that is cool watching these guys hauling 5 ton loads over ice 36 inches thick.... Shows I enjoy 988510

It is one of very few shows I will watch on there as the rest of the shows deal mostly woth Hitler & WWII (Hubby's fave)..
Back to top Go down
LyssaMN

LyssaMN

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 7:24 am

I too, enjoy the history channel, discovery channel, VH1 (yes that includes Rock of Love!), VH1 Classic and the travel channel. I also like the Deadliest Catch when I'm able to remember it's on- I agree with you Kimmy, it's a great show! I also like TLC, Little People Big World, and Jon & Kate plus 8 (those kids are so dang cute!) I never used to watch as much tv as I have watched this year. I still don't watch hours at a time, but I do catch more shows than I've used to.
Back to top Go down
Kimmy59
Admin
Kimmy59

Location : Originally California - currently DISplaced in Galveston County, Texas

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:47 pm

I love all the Discovery Channels, TLC, DiscoveryHealth etc. And Trauma: Life in the ER is one of my favorites on their channels. On Monday's I'll watch an hour of Little People Big World & Jon and Kate Plus 8.

When I was working & raising kids, I rarely had time to sit down to watch any TV, but I would make time for Friends.

Now I watch all the old reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond and crack up hysterically. If you've ever wondered what kind of a relationship I have with my hubby...watch this show and replace Ray & Deborah with Pat & Kim.

I never miss an episode of ER! And try to catch Ghost Whisperer, but I do DVR it (DVR aka TiVo) if I can't catch it. I think I'll have to start watching Medium since it'll be new and everything else will be rerunning.

As for ABC, they're on my $h*t list! They started a great new series a couple of seasons ago called Eli Stone. Finally a show with humor & integrity ... only to cancel it to put all their reality crap on, not to mention Scrubs. I'm so over reality shows but I will catch Dancing with the Stars, and Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and Brothers and Sisters.

I've watched a couple episodes of Rock of Love (and woulda done that show & everyone on it if it were still the 70s lol). And I kinda like Dr Drews Celebrity Rehab because celebrities really can be quite entertaining. LOLBig

Stuff like Grey's Anatomy makes me sick because it's so UNreal. Maybe when I was younger I might have watched it, but after spending 20 years in the medical field, it is NOT true to life and while hospitals do have their drama, the ones I've worked in (on the professional level) are NOTHING like this nonsense. Shows I enjoy 577885

I can hardly wait for Deadliest Catch to come back on again! That show I like a lot! Men! Living on the edge! Working on the edge! Some loveable bad boys there. The only thing I'd like to change on that show is their smoking! If I didn't get seasick, and could stomach the smell of a bait camp, I'd apply to be their Looove cook.
Back to top Go down
Qnbee

Qnbee

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Most nites IF I can find the time to sit down I enjoy watching: Monk, House, Pysch, The Closer, Law & Order CI & SVU, Grey's Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer, Medium (whcihc comes back on Monday!), and In Plain Sight..

I used to catch all kinds of cartoons late at nite and now and then still catch the old Scooby -doo Cartoons...used to LOVE Speed Racer tho..lol

dance banana
Back to top Go down
stoneponey

stoneponey

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:49 pm

I watch so little TV anymore but I can be found flopped on the couch for a few "trashy novel" types LOL.....Dog the Bounty Hunter on occasion, just coz they film in Colorado and I'm homesick, and yes, I admit I watch the Rock of Love series on VH! What a Face ;-) I'm mostly found in Discovery Channel, History Channel, A&E sometimes and Animal Planet on occasion when they aren't doing stupid pet tricks. I gave up on Cartoons in 1980...I grew up on the old stock so like DY I hit YouTube up for the things I miss :bball:
Back to top Go down
LyssaMN

LyssaMN

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, on the days I remember or if I'm just spacing out in front of the tv, I enjoy Monk, Psych, House, Big Bang Theory, Burn Notice, Entourage, Big Love.... I do watch other stuff but not as often as I watch these. Of course I still watch all my cartoons, Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, Smurfs, Snorks, Scooby Doo, but one cartoon I just love and never see is Dungeons and Dragons. I never played the game but oh how I loved that cartoon! I sometimes find episodes on the net.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shows I enjoy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows I enjoy   Shows I enjoy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shows I enjoy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Stardust Cafe :: Music, Movies and TV :: Television Shows-
Jump to: