The Stardust Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Stardust Cafe

A place for Stardust players to join together and share stories, thoughts, feelings on anything that's near & dear to our hearts.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimmy59
Admin
Kimmy59

Location : Originally California - currently DISplaced in Galveston County, Texas

Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world   Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:11 pm

stoneponey wrote:
Actually that looks like a great recipe Kimmy. Gonna try some kind of organic version if I can. I just wasn't sure when I read the word "Dump" exactly what I might find affraid So, when you take it out of oven it comes out right side up right? Like an upside down cake I presume.....

santa

Hubby describes it more like a "crisp" with the crunchy topping on top but says it tastes similar to a cheesecake, without the creaminess.

I'm sure you're really confused now. Shocked I was too when I read the recipe but you'll get my drift when you taste it. scratch

The "dump" refers to dumping all the ingredients in the pan. Laughing

Lemme know how you like it. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
stoneponey

stoneponey

PostSubject: re: Dump Cake   Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Actually that looks like a great recipe Kimmy. Gonna try some kind of organic version if I can. I just wasn't sure when I read the word "Dump" exactly what I might find affraid So, when you take it out of oven it comes out right side up right? Like an upside down cake I presume.....

santa
Back to top Go down
Kimmy59
Admin
Kimmy59

Location : Originally California - currently DISplaced in Galveston County, Texas

PostSubject: Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world   Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:09 pm

You'll need:
1 13x9 inch baking pan
1 box yellow cake mix
1 16oz. can cherry pie filling (no seeds & good quality)
1 16oz. can crushed pineapple (also good quality)
1 stick (plus a couple more tablespoons) of butter, sliced into pads

Spray baking pan with PAM.
Dump whole can of cherries and crushed pineapples (with juice) into pan.
Stir to mix a bit.
Evenly shake cake mix over the top of fruit mixture.
Top cake mix with pads of butter, all over.

Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Carefully take pan out of oven.
If there's dry cake mix showing, use a small amount of additional butter to cover those areas.
Put back in oven for 15 more minutes or until the top of cake starts to turn brown.

It is oooohhhh so good warm with whip cream or ice cream or just by itself.

It's quick, easy & cheap to make. Great for potlucks or hostess gifts.

Thow the recipe and ingredients into a new baking pan for a Bridal Shower or House Warming gift.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world   Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dump Cake - easiest cake in the world
Page 1 of 1