The Stardust Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Stardust Cafe

A place for Stardust players to join together and share stories, thoughts, feelings on anything that's near & dear to our hearts.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

William Queen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JustJyvin

JustJyvin

William Queen Empty
PostSubject: Re: William Queen   William Queen Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:09 pm

One series of books that I really liked was the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind. Rick loaned me the first book in the series when we first started dating (ten years ago) and I could not put the book down! The first book is called Wizard's First Rule, if anyone is interested in reading it. I can't give this book justice so you'll just have to take my word for it and give it a try for yourself. I will warn you that there are really brutal parts as it covers rape, war, violence, abusing women. My favorite character is Zedd, he's a crazy old wizard and some of the things he does makes you shake your head.

They did make a made for TV series for this, it was called Legend of the Seeker. I haven't gotten a chance to see it just yet but I do have it recorded and I just have to figure out when I can see it, before the next episode comes on hopefully.

Anyway! this is a great series and I hope you pick up the first book because it's a really really REALLY good series.

Just
Back to top Go down
Kimmy59
Admin
Kimmy59

Location : Originally California - currently DISplaced in Galveston County, Texas

William Queen Empty
PostSubject: William Queen   William Queen Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:06 pm

I've read two of William Queen's books, Under and Alone and Armed and Dangerous. I couldn't put either book down! They're action packed and scary as *bleep* too!! Shocked We passed Under and Alone around hubby's work and my family and it seemed nobody could put it down once they started it. I highly recommend these books, especially as a stocking stuffer for people who like action packed books.

Beware though, don't give it to a kid if you don't want them reading bad words and stuff.

Here's a little bit on Queen that I got off Amazon.com and below that is a little about the book.

Author Description
William Queen is the author of the New York Times bestseller Under and Alone and Armed and Dangerous. He spent twenty years as a special agent with the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. A Vietnam veteran, Queen devoted his career to law enforcement, serving first as a local police officer and then as a U.S. Border Patrol agent before joining ATF. He is among the country's foremost experts on the violent world of outlaw motorcycle gangs and has lectured widely to law-enforcement organizations in multiple countries. For his ground-breaking undercover work playing the part of biker "Billy St. John," William Queen was awarded the 2001 Federal Bar Association's Medal of Valor.

Book Description
In 1998, William Queen was a veteran law enforcement agent with a lifelong love of motorcycles and a lack of patience with paperwork. When a “confidential informant” made contact with his boss at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, offering to take an agent inside the San Fernando chapter of the Mongols (the scourge of Southern California, and one of the most dangerous gangs in America), Queen jumped at the chance, not realizing that he was kicking-starting the most extensive undercover operation inside an outlaw motorcycle gang in the history of American law enforcement.

Nor did Queen suspect that he would penetrate the gang so successfully that he would become a fully “patched-in” member, eventually rising through their ranks to the office of treasurer, where he had unprecedented access to evidence of their criminal activity. After Queen spent twenty-eight months as “Billy St. John,” the bearded, beer-swilling, Harley-riding gang-banger, the truth of his identity became blurry, even to himself.

During his initial “prospecting” phase, Queen was at the mercy of crank-fueled criminal psychopaths who sought to have him test his mettle and prove his fealty by any means necessary, from selling (and doing) drugs, to arms trafficking, stealing motorcycles, driving getaway cars, and, in one shocking instance, stitching up the face of a Mongol “ol’ lady” after a particularly brutal beating at the hands of her boyfriend.

Yet despite the constant criminality of the gang, for whom planning cop killings and gang rapes were business as usual, Queen also came to see the genuine camaraderie they shared. When his lengthy undercover work totally isolated Queen from family, his friends, and ATF colleagues, the Mongols felt like the only family he had left. “I had no doubt these guys genuinely loved Billy St. John and would have laid down their lives for him. But they wouldn’t hesitate to murder Billy Queen.”

From Queen’s first sleight of hand with a line of methamphetamine in front of him and a knife at his throat, to the fearsome face-off with their decades-old enemy, the Hell’s Angels (a brawl that left three bikers dead), to the heartbreaking scene of a father ostracized at Parents’ Night because his deranged-outlaw appearance precluded any interaction with regular citizens, Under and Alone is a breathless, adrenaline-charged read that puts you on the street with some of the most dangerous men in America and with the law enforcement agents who risk everything to bring them in.
Back to top Go down

William Queen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Stardust Cafe :: Arts & Literature :: Favorite Authors-
Jump to: